Monday, December 15, 2008

Bathroom is done!!!!!!

well...except for a few decorating items I've requested for Christmas. :o) Here are some pictures of before, during, and finally a presentable bathroom.
The vanity - so, so, so sorry to see it go. And the gold flecked linoleum? - I love vintage/old stuff, but this wasn't quite the look I was going for.
And we ABSOLUTELY cannot forget our lovely light fixture! It is now in the garage, with both bulbs broken. First, Nathan broke one...oops, then I dropped one while trying to "clean up." What a loss.

This is during the whole mess - I had so much fun that day being destructive. :o) This picture is where I was tearing out the two closets from a hallway that is now part of the bathroom.

This lovely old cabinet replaces the vanity - found it at a local antique store for a pretty good price. It houses the extra guest towels. Nathan thinks it needs repainted, but if I have any say in it....probably won't happen. I love items that "look" their age!
Don't ask me how a picnic basket and a scale ended up in my bathroom....I just didn't have anything else to put there. Works for now! Notice the linoleum my handy, dandy brother-in-law put down for me? Thanks Wesley!!!!!

The complete picture. The mirror was made by my great uncle, the vanity I did myself. I found an unfinished one at a store and then stained it myself. Now doesn't that look better? Well, at least I think it does. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Looks very nice!!! Hopefully, Santa will bring you something so you can finish your decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that your globes were broken!

    Looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG improvement!! You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous! I love seeing your transformations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom looks great! You are so good at decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!