Thursday, October 6, 2011

A few things that make me happy....

First of all, I have to say this post is probably more for me than anyone...so feel free to skip it.  :)  Sometimes in the midst of all the craziness of life, I have to force myself to SLOW down and enjoy the little things, remind myself that the laundry, dirty dishes, work, and all the other things that call my name, will wait!  And today has been one. of. those. days.  You know how it is, (please tell me this doesn't just happen to me) you work all day trying to get something done, child(ren) are fussy and CLINGING to your legs, he/she then goes and destroys what little you have accomplished and then Hubs comes home and asks "so, whadjya do all day?"  As if your poor, haggard face doesn't tell about the war you've endured.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't THAT bad, but I just need a little reminder this evening of a few little nuggets God has given that make me smile.  So here goes nuttin'!

1.  My morning java and prayer time - this is a must for me.  It's how I maintain what little bit of sanity I do have...and trust me, I don't have much to spare.

2.  Listening to Nathan read a book to Addyson - this melts my heart.

3.  Addyson pulling one of the photo albums or scrapbooks out and wanting to look through it - I love to tell her the stories of what was going on when the picture was taken.  I think she likes it to.  :)

4.  Reese Cups - hey, I never said this was going to be profound!  In all actuality, it's probably just about any kind of chocolate, but reese cups are my preference.  I strive for at least one a day...they are my vitamins.

5.  Addyson jumping in her crib in the mornings - she's always soooo excited that someone is coming to rescue her.

6.  Mexican Food - I declare I was supposed to be born south of the border.  I LOVE hot weather and could FEAST on this stuff everyday.

7.  Date with just my Hubs - this is such a rare occasion, but it makes me appreciate them so much more!

8.  Seeing Addyson's profile in the sunset - I just love her little "chubber cheekers"


The list could go on and on....but I'll spare you.  :)


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!