Photo by Jenny; Edited by me
Warning: this is a trip down memory lane...
It's hard to believe that it's been 9 years since Telesa (one of my closest friends), her twin brother Troy, and Wesley (Hub's brother), started trying to get Hubs and I together. Yes, it's true, in the modern age of communicating through technology, we went a very "old fashioned" route. I had just started the second semester of my first year of college when Telesa called me up "with a question." Through the grapevine of Wesley and Troy, she'd been asked if I would be interested in dating Mr. N. Grissom. I will be honest, another close friend of mine (Jill), had been teasing me for YEARS about said guy...to which I would reply "nope, never." Yes, my mother always did say, "Never say never." She learned by experience and as the story goes, so did I. At the time, I honestly thought he was way too old. Sorry Hubs. :)
Your's Truly is a dense one...if having four people tell you "you guys would be perfect together" isn't a sure sign, I don't know what is. I was still skeptical, knowing that I had 3 more years of schooling left and that he was a few years older than me. But after some thought, the stone heart began to thaw and I let Telesa know, I might be interested in going on a date "at some point." I'm pretty sure she hung up the phone right then and notified "the grapevine" that it was a green light. I was over to visit Telesa for a couple of school events (she went to a college about an hour from mine) and Nathan convienently would come to visit his brother. We'd make small talk, he even rode in my car to Steak-n-Shake one night *gasp* (after Telesa pretty much threw him into the backseat).....we still laugh about that episode. :)
A few weeks later, I was nearing the end of my semester and going home for the weekend to do some hard core studying for finals. My church was also having some special services that weekend - Nathan was told I was going to be home and I heard he might be coming over to "visit." Talk about chewing my nails all the way to church! Somewhere in those few weeks, Nathan lost all the shyness that I knew him to have. He had hardly said more than 10 words at a time to me before. That evening, he walked up to me and just flat out asked if he could sit with me...talk about being floored. Pretty sure my face turned all 10,000 shades of red (because whatever shyness he had before, I seemed to have gotten at that point) I mean people were standing around that could hear! Didn't he understand that!? I got over it very quickly (ha!) and said my usual answer of "I guess so." And as everyone knows...turns out my closest friends had found the perfect one for me...I walked down the aisle and married him a little over 3 years later.

That was a beautiful love story .. I found myself wanting to go on down the road with you date by date .. LOL!! I'm so glad it ended happily .. Thank You for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete