Friday, March 30, 2012

My little girl is growing up...

Photo from Target website.

So this week, Addyson decided she didn't want to sleep in her crib anymore.  Nathan and I had been discussing when we thought we should "make the switch", but this momma wasn't so sure she was ready.  Well, Monday afternoon, she made the decision for us.  I was trying to put her down for a nap, but no go - she wanted nothing to do with her crib.  She instead had taken all her favorite blankets (she has a couple she insists on sleeping with) and was piling them on the guest bed.  I was thinking "great she's never gonna take a nap today."  I decided to try it though, she slept for 3 hours straight and never rolled out once.  So after a couple of days of this, we made the switch.  She loves it!  The crib has been torn down (momma had a little bit of a hard time with this) and put away.  Well, obviously she needs a new bed set...hence I went shopping the clearance "racks" via the internet and came upon this beauty.  I had just received a Pottery Barn Kids catalog and loved this color combo, but NO WAY was I paying that price.  Well, whadjya know....Target came through again and on clearance no less.  :)  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that store...it's unhealthy. 

Found this room/idea on Pinterest - this is the layout we are going for.
Source:  Pinterest
How fun would it be to paint the inside of her bookcases...love the pop of color!  
source:  Pinterest
I'm loving this idea as well for one of her walls.  We'll just see how it goes...I'm pretty excited about it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!