Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Freedom of Speech....where has it gone?

You can completely skip over this post if you would like....I may or may not be about to get on my soapbox.


If you've been on Facebook recently, you will have noticed the 10,000 several posts about "gay rights" "equal rights" whatever they want to call it.  Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of it.  I'm friends with people from all different backgrounds...so I see a lot of varying opinions.  I let them state theirs and leave them alone.  I treat them the same as I do any of my other friends.  However, today, I posted a simple image of man + woman.  Suddenly I'm being attacked, sent hateful e-mails and defriended by people.  I honestly don't care about being "unfriended" - it's all the hateful words I don't understand.  Suddenly since I don't agree with them, I'm an unforgiving, uncompassionate person and even better yet...had my Christianity questioned since I don't "love" everyone.  I could go on another complete rant here, but I'll refrain.  I'm sorry.  I stand with the Bible - it PLAINLY states that homosexuality is wrong.  It's simple.  Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?  Go read Genesis.

Look down through history, every. single. society that has supported that lifestyle has crumbled...and we are very quickly heading in that direction.  15 years ago homosexuality was "repulsive" before 2006 - gay marriage was never even mentioned.  So if we allow men marry men, women marry women - where will we be in another 15 years?  What if brothers and sisters want to marry, father/daughter, multiple spouses...I could go on.  People say "that will never happen...that's gross"  Pretty sure that's what people thought of homosexuality years ago as well.  They are ALL going to want their rights.  This will only be the tip of the iceberg.  Social and news media has feed people for so long that "it's okay" that people have become desensitized.
In closing, all I have to say, is I'm going to live my life the way I feel Jesus wants me to.  His Word leaves me no questions.  People can say what they want to me/behind my back...whatever.  I firmly stand for what I believe in.  I'll probably loose some more friends over this post, but for too long Christians have stood by the wayside afraid of offending someone.  I include myself in that. It's time we stand up and speak up for Christ, for our beliefs. 

3 comments:

  1. Very well put. Hehe - I lost a FB friend once because I posted a hilarious status about my little guy being angry with me when I turned his favorite superhero underpants pink in the wash! I said something about not having to worry about him ever being feminine ;) Ooops, I guess that was offensive. If someone unfriends you because you don't agree with them, they weren't much of a friend to begin with. But wait...isn't unfriending someone "unforgiving and uncompassionate"? Hmmm...it seems like it's ok for them to feel that way but us Christians aren't allowed to. Where's the "equality" in that???Bleh...getting off the soapbox now.
    Have a nice day =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!