Warning: This post is wordy.
Let's just start out by saying this pregnancy is FLYING by.
And yes, I am aware I have yet to take a single picture in this pregnancy. Major Fail.
Hoping to get that little situation resolved this weekend.
As these last few weeks approach, I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy moments with Addyson.
She is going to be an amazing big sister. Every day she talks about how her and "baby brywee" are going to play, how she will read her books, and change her "pooy diaper." Hmmmm...we'll see if the last one actually transpires.
But while I'm trying to slow down (partially because I want to enjoy these last few days and partially because OB told me I HAD to) I have a list of things this Momma wants DONE! The Nesting Syndrome has been double what it was with Addyson. Much to my hubby's dismay.
I also feel like I'm preparing for the "Great Hibernation." Addy was born in July, so I was pretty much back to my usual running around within 1 1/2 weeks. This babe is due in December. Dead. Middle. Of. Winter.
I HATE Winter.
And the thought of dragging a newborn out in the middle of flu season, with a toddler in tow, is enough to give me hives. Therefore, I feel like a squirrel...lots of gathering in of the 'staples' so that Hubs will only have to shop for the perishable items. Hallelujah for couponing...this time of year is perfect for stockpiling.
PP Depression - I'm really fearing this one. As I mentioned above, the season approaching is not particularly my favorite of all. I generally have a list of projects lined up to keep me from getting the usual 'winter blues.' This year, so far my list is, to just survive. Maybe all the things that aren't getting accomplished now...I can do then. bahahaha....
Labor. I've had nightmares, weekly, sometimes nightly. With Addy I was always running and hiding from someone. I was told by an individual that likes to "interpret" dreams that I was afraid I was loosing my freedom. As a first time mom, that was probably true. These dreams come from experience.
Pure and Simple.
When Addy decided she was ready to come (after several hours worth of Pitocin)...she came fast and it was NOT a pleasant experience. There was no time for epidurals and wonder drugs. Yes, I survived, but it left me a little traumatized - to the point it took quite a while for me to even consider a second child.
I am excited to get back to my running. I miss it immensely. It was my time to pause life, reflect, memorize scripture, blast tunes. It was my "me time." A couple of my close friends and some of those I work with have started planning to run in 5k's this coming year. This will MAKE me get back on the schedule.
Newborn snuggles, squeaks, and smells (after bath and lotion...not the diaper kind). I can't wait.
To see Addy with her little sister. So excited.
I know I've shared a lot of apprehensions and fears in this post, but I am more excited than I can say about welcoming another baby girl to our family. Nothing thrills a momma more than watching her children grow and develop their little quirks and personalities...and I can't wait to see what God has in store for this little one!
It'll be different, but somehow a new norm settles in and you'll wonder what you ever did without them. As far as the winter, we can always Skype. :)
ReplyDelete