Friday, September 27, 2013

Refresh: Hallway Progress

First of all, just let me state how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get a "good" picture of this hallway.
It has horrible lighting and lets just come out with the obvious, it's forever long.

 The top picture is from the day we looked at the house...dark and dungeon.  I cried a little when I removed that border.  Confession: maybe not.  
I WISH I would have taken a picture of the built in cabinet, but just picture it with the same wood finish and sliding glass doors to every shelf.  When we moved in, I painted the trim a dark tan and repainted the walls what I 'thought' was off white (I was into more dark tones at the time).  For the past few years, it's stayed that way.  But as I mentioned before, we are trying to do a little "lightening" up around here.  I'm not finished with the decor yet, but I thought I'd share some progress with ya! 
 I am in LOVE with this built in now.  The dark tan didn't allow my decor to really show up...now I feel like it pops!
 When we added on, we extended the hallway through to the 3rd bedroom - thus opening up a window in the hallway - helped to bring in light!  Like I stated, I'm obviously still working here.  I made curtains out of painting cloths - whooping $9 fix.  We have plans to replace the lighting in here as well with either recessed, or a "vintage-y" hanging sorta thing.  I have the picture in my head, hard to describe.  :)  Nathan and I have come to really like the "clean" look, but yet throwing in our vintage finds.
Found this bookcase at a thrift store for $10 many years ago.  It's been in 10,000 different places already in this house.  Still trying to talk Hubs into letting me paint it a fun color.  Not sure yet what I'd do...I'm open to suggestions.  :)  The shelves have wire and woven baskets.
So there you have it, a mini update on that project!  I had my SIL Jenny pick me up some  more frames at IKEA the other day, so in a couple of weeks I hope to get some more of the gallery wall done.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty - love your style! And oh how I wish I had a window in my very long and dark hallway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I am a huge fan of the light and airy look!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!