Saturday, September 21, 2013

Refresh: Bathroom

 Even though I've been pretty "blah" the past few months, I have been trying to accomplish a few things on my list.  :)  Several being refresh projects.  One of these included the bathroom.  When Nathan and I bought this house, let's just say, I was pretty clueless about picking out paint samples, or any DIY home project for that matter.  I just simply went to the store, found a color I liked and went with it.  Ummmmm.....major no, no.  Over the past several months, we kept commenting about how yellow the house looked.  Neither one of us are fans of yellow.  It all started with our bedroom makeover, by then, I knew to select paint samples, hang it up in the room and try several different lighting scenarios to see which one we liked.  Works like a gem!  Whodda thunk?  So, a few months ago, (on a day Nathan was working overtime and wouldn't come home in the midst of my mess) I tore into the bathroom (you can see how it looked previously here).  Sometimes it's just easiest to do things yourself.  :)
I repainted the walls Cappuccino White from Better Homes and Gardens (has a slight tan base) and the trim/doors Antique White using Glidden.
Next, I took some leftover mdf boards I had and did board & batten to the wall across from the shower.  We had already moved the cabinet out of that area - just made it feel to cluttered to me, but the wall NEEDED something to give it character.  Hubs LOVED it.  Gone was the yellow/closed in feeling.  Next came the decorating, which always takes me a while.  I'm not one to just head out and buy all matchy-matchy.  Nothing wrong with that, it's just not my personal style.  :)  Found the shower curtain at TJ Maxx (you can just barely see it here, but it's white, tan, and the green found throughout the room)
I had my SIL Jenny make me a sign for above the hooks - she did an awesome job - exactly what I invisioned for the area.  The hand towel rack was a find in my own garage (many thanks to my hubby).
 Found this little vintage soap holder at a flea market.  I hate the mess bar soap makes, so it just houses the bottles.


 Pinterest always comes through for printables.  This can be found under my boards.
 Purchased some soaps from Bathhouse on Etsy.  My personal favorite is the honeycomb soap - smells amazing and has 'character.'
And we can't forget Ikea - purchased these moon ages ago and spray painted the tops.  Wire basket is another flea market find.
So there you have it, someday we'd love to put a barn board white flooring in, but *cough* who knows when that will ever happen.  But, if it does, I'll keep ya posted.  :)

4 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!