Leave it to a 3 year old to come up and whack ya between your eyes with their logic and theology.
During breakfast, I read to the girls (obviously mostly Addyson at this point) their devotional for the day. For the most part, Addy listens to the story, occasionally has her little version and that's the sum of it. Today, she had some thoughts.
The story was on how little children can still be of service to Jesus (sharing, obeying parents, being kind, etc) even though they can't preach or teach yet. After I was finished reading the story, I asked her, what are ways that you can serve Jesus today? Her very serious response: "I can give Him my Thomas Train." At first I snickered, but very quickly sobered when it hit me.
If you've been around her for more than 30 seconds, you know her most favorite thing in the world is Thomas the train. We very rarely go anywhere without a train in a pocket somewhere. Hence Mommy tears start. We serve Him best when we give Him our everything: our lives, our wants and desires, our most valued possessions...even trains.

Precious.
ReplyDelete