Thursday, February 27, 2014

Early morning ramblings...

A picture of my "morning paper"
 
Since being on maternity leave...and having a "alarm clock" that I can't push snooze on...I've been going ahead and getting up for the day.  I can't tell you the number of times His Presence has met with me during these times.  I asked for the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for Christmas - WONDERFUL devotional book.  There have been a number of times the devotional for the day was spot. on. to what I was going through at that time.  God never fails to provide me the encouragement - or reprimand that I need, when I need it.
  
I also started working my way through the Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.  I've had this book for years and made several half hearted attempts to get it read.  I purchased a journal to make notes as I'm going through it - helps me stay focused and I tend to retain info better if I rewrite things in my own words.  
I have prayed for Nathan for years...you know the "usual" prayers, but I feel that this has given me the tools and knowledge I need to really pray for Nathan.  It has changed me as well.  I've felt myself grow as a wife and helpmeet to my husband.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!