Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend in Indiana




This past weekend, we went to my mom and dad's for the Valentine's Banquet at Twin Oaks Church. However...we didn't quite make it that far. Started off Friday night with me having to work until around 3 a.m. Saturday morning. Got home and in bed around 4, alarm went off between 8 and 8:30. Put toothpicks in the eyes to keep them open and drank lots of coffee :o). By the time we got to Odon, I was really not in mood to spend the evening with over 100 people needless to say. And my dad, bless his little heart, wasn't really wanting to go either. Sooooo...we had our own little Valentine's banquet. We went to Mi Pueblo's in Washington where Dad and Mom got something called the gobernador ("goobernator" as dad calls it). Mom and I found some bargains at Cato (shirts for $1.99)!!!!! Can't beat that! And we saw an absolutely beautiful sunset. Although plans were altered, we had a very fun weekend just taking it easy.
My dad is slightly spoiled by Nathan's family; he loves the fire sauce from Taco Bell, so every time somebody goes they grab him a hand full. As we were rolling out of our drive Saturday morning I noticed this pinned to our mailbox. The Sauce Santa had been by.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Sounds like you had a nice weekend even though it went a little differently than planned. :) Sometimes we just need that!

    I've been getting all kinds of bargains at Cato lately too. Man, I love that store! :)

    You & your hubby are so cute together, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and kick back and relax. I so need to go to a Cato's and SOON it sounds like!

    Too funny about the sauce on the mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!