Friday, September 5, 2008

Exhausted!

Getting ready for vacation can be more work than bargained for...if you're me. I guess I get it honest from my relatives (who are work and cleaning machine-aholics - Grans and Paps for example.) Anyways, we are taking a break from this long process of remodeling and going to have some fun! But, before said two people can leave, all laundry must be done and house must be clean (LOL). I started in on the process early this morning and I think I'm done. The house is as straightened up as it can get (for tools, paint cans, boxes, and such laying around), the laundry is done, and much to my husband's surprise when he gets home this evening - the vehicle is packed. I even burned the trash for my dear darling. Yes, I am just slaving away over here in the flat lands.




REMODELING UPDATE: The countertops were ordered this week! They should be in within a month (I tried to a get a more "specific" date from the lady, but no such luck.) The actual cabinets are slowly coming. We were going to work on them yesterday, but it was a monsoon outside. They'll still be here when we get back **sigh** Grans has been drawing up plans for our bathroom and additional room add-on. She's so smart and creative that way. When we get the finalized plans - I'll have to post them. It's exciting! I've posted some pictures of areas I have decorated in the kitchen - as you know it's not finished so overlook some areas - rest assured there will be pictures when it's done. :o)
Ignore the phone jack hanging out of the wall - on my list to be fixed :o) **notice my floor!!!!!** LOVE IT! This is in one corner of the kitchen - antique bookcase that is temporarily showcasing some of my collection of crocks and red and green handled rolling pins. I hope to someday have a large antique cabinet here or an old Hoosier Cabinet. The coffee grinder was one of my birthday presents from Nathan. The round object on the middle shelf is a chicken waterer - another find of my hubby's.
Above the fridge. (ignore my pitchers - imagine them behind doors ;o) Displayed here is an antique toolbox with some reproduction boxes. Nathan's remark when he saw this "what's a toolbox doing on top of the refridgerator?" It's different than a basket though. :o)
Obviously on top of the microwave - another find of husband's (I have to give him credit or he might not bring home this stuff...hee hee!) He came home from a farm auction with this old crock - it has a handle (obviously) and a spout - pretty cool. I threw in a couple of utensils that my MIL found at a garage sale - thanks Nancy!
Here is a little sliver of what the kitchen looks like right now. The torquoise you see at the top of the cabinets is what all of them used to look like on the inside and they were the beautiful dark - almost black - brown outside (that changed pretty quick). What is left of the beautiful color will be covered by trim board the week we get back - yeah! We had to put in the recessed lighting above the sink before that was finished. That's all for now folks! I'm off to kick my feet up for a week and DO NOTHING!

9 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cute! I love your antique things!!! If you ever have kids, you'll have to kid proof that place...you wouldn't want that precious stuff broken!

    Have a blast in Tenn. Are you going to the Pigeon Forge area? If so, slow down at the Columbus exit and I'll jump in your trunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are - I think we might even have room for you to sit in the back seat. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Charlie...I get first dibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only if Arilynn gets to go too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute decorations! Very very nice! have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty! :) You have great taste.

    Have a fun & relaxing vacation! Take lots of pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're house is coming along. Very pretty decorating going on there :) Have fun on vacation. and where in the world do you live if you are going to slow down at the Columbus exit on the WAY to Pigeon Forge? (you really don't have to answer that on your public blog) I thought you lived south of Columbus for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve a vacation after all the work you've put into your home - it looks lovely by the way!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Grissom folks could have your own business. With you & Jenny's ideas and the brother elbow labor! Would probably be an awesome adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!