Friday, February 20, 2009

Take note, Doc

According to my blog, the only thing exciting going on around here is my daily dose of nursing humor - so here goes:

One of our patients wasn't taking any chances. Prior to her operation, she taped notes all over her body for the surgeon: "take your time," "don't cut yourself," "no need to rush," "wash your hands," etc. After surgery, as I helped her back into her bed, we discovered a new note taped to her, this one from the doctor: "has anyone seen my watch?"

Now this is something that one of the Doc's I work with would do - uhum - we won't mention any names here of course - :o)

Today Nancy and I took a little trip through Amish Country just north of us - we had so much fun!!! I was supposed to met Jenny for some scrapbooking mania, but alas, my dear hubby has taken my vehicle since his is having a little tire trouble with his truck (if he's not going to drive it - I'm definately not taking a two hour trip!) And can you believe this - I survived without buying a single, home-made, baked goody - I'm so proud of myself!!!!! Believe me, I had to do some serious internal coaching on this one. But I remembered yesterday when I stepped on the scales - I had taken off 5 pounds - wahoo! After lunch, we headed to the outlet malls where I accomplished some Christmas shopping (now I've got to get it hid before Nathan gets home). So that's all the excitement the Grissom Plantation has had - but we aren't complaining! I'm thanking the Lord for a little normalcy after what we've done since moving in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!