Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sometimes nurses need a reminder..

that people appreciate what we do... (please don't take this post wrongly....it's just rare that ER nurses get cards and such) :o)

Last night/early this morning I arrived home from work to see that one of the superiors at the hospital had sent me a card...sometimes a good thing....sometimes a bad. :o) Anyways, I opened it up to find out that a patient of mine had contacted this person concerning the "excellent" care that I had given and I was being complimented by the department. Slightly humbling....today I'm walking through Sears and see a mother that I had cared for her son this past winter after a sledding accident - she walked up to me and her son thanked me for taking care of him - needless to say....I walked away with tears in my eyes. Sometimes it's just good to know that people have appreciated the work we as nurses do...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on providing "excellent care!" All too often we think people take for granted or don't appreciate the good care they receive. It is a good feeling to be recognized once in a blue moon, huh?! Keep up the good work, girl!!! Thanks for "making a difference!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you there- hearing and seeing those thank you's are all it takes to love your job even more! I know you're an awesome nurse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!