Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A slight moment of panic...
After a long, lacking- all-energy day, I decided to have some go-juice (aka as caffeine) to get me going (I figured I better have something done when my hubby gets home). So, I pulled the Christmas tree box from the garage and to work I went. Plenty of time to get the tree all trimmed and be reading my book by the time Nathan returned. Well, I was doing REALLY well, until I got to the part where you add the ornaments. Could not find them ANYWHERE. I went through all my boxes marked "Christmas" and realized I was missing more than ornaments. All my treasured snowmen, greenery, and other winter items were no where to be found. I felt a minor sense of anxiety coming on...what happened to them? I asked myself. I knew that we went through the old house several times to MAKE sure we had everything out. Racking every brain cell that I have (which is not very many) I thought and thought, and thought some more. FINALLY the sun shone through, the light turned on, or whatever and it dawned upon me...For those that were never in our previous home, we had NO closet space...therefore, last year, my dear darling husband offered to put what he could in the barn. So, as I sit here typing away, my precious items are four miles away, in the attic of a barn...guess I won't be finishing the tree tonight. Oh well, I have 100 Christmas cards to get made...I'll just go work on them. I probably should be doing that anyway...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uh-oh! That's a bummer. At least you remembered where they were though - that would have been really sad if they were lost for good! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like your luck is like mine ALL THE TIME!!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish that I could get started on my trees. Maybe?? When I finish my class.
Ok...for some reason since we've gone MIA, my blog doesn't update me on yours anymore! I could be missing world breaking news!!!
ReplyDelete