Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ho, Hum events

So we've had no life changing events to just blow you away when you read them. Nothing to put in BIG BOLD HEADLINES or shout from the hilltops, but sometimes it's a good thing. After the bustle of the holidays, it's good to get back into a routine and feel life slow down (even if it's just for a week or two). Nathan recently went to day shift, so that has been an adjustment for both of us. I love having him home in the evenings (on the rare occasion that I'm off), but this thing of getting up at 5:30? Not for me! In rare moments of generosity, I will sign up for a day shift if they need an extra nurse that morning, but then I always question my sanity as I'm trying to pry my eyelids apart. We've been steadily working on little projects inside the house while we (with great anticipation on my part) look forward to warm weather when we can start on the add-on and finish the outside. I've been enjoying some new cookbooks that I received for Christmas (not helping with the weight loss program though) and having fun creating cards and photo taking with my new "toys." So, like I said, nothing that you can run to the phone and say "Guess what I just read!" but I'm going to live in these moments and enjoy them to the fullest...

7 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right...there is something to be said about routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day-to-day, normal life is a beautiful thing. Definitely enjoy & appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been invited to a pork chop supper by a famous culinary artist in the quaint atmosphere of her country abode.

    Sound nothing like ho hum to me ---

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was invited:(. I guess I will just enjoy the winter storm that we are having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan,
    Come on up --- I'm sure there will be plenty. You've got time to make it here and if you get snowed in here all the better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,

    That would be so much fun!! My trip from Loogootee to home was scary enough for one day. Safe at home, guess I will stay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!