I, by no means, claim to be a seamstress. Sewing generally makes me break out in hives - especially if it involves reading a pattern. However, I occasionally read or hear somebody make comment about something and wonder in my pea brain if I could do it...my way. Which generally means...me just cutting things out and hoping it works. :) Sometimes it does...sometimes it doesn't. Anyhoo, I was reading on a blog somewhere last night (I wish I could remember which one, but it was late and one click lead to another...you get the idea) and this lady was talking about making a onesie dress for someone. In my sleep deprived state, I wondered if I could do such a thing. I impatiently waited until this morning to start the project - for one thing, I wasn't going to go digging in my daughters closet at 1am and wake her up and another, I knew I'd never get it to come out right. I got a onesie from a garage sale - whooping .50 and used some scraps from the camera strap I made. Figured if it didn't work, least I was only out the .50. Took me about an hour to make and I have to say....I LOVE it! Now, I'm itching to get to a fabric store and buy more to make for this summer...I'm thinking full skirt, ruffles, flowers...the wheels are spinnin' here folks. :) At some point I'll try to post a tutorial - easy peasy.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLet's try this again, I was embarrassed by my typos the first time-
ReplyDeleteI love love love this! Super cute! Might have to try to make one myself, but I, like you, am desperately wanting to go to a fabric store and it's just not in the works for this weekend.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that loses track of time clicking from blog to blog late at night!
So adorable! But, it looks huge for Addy!!! She can't be that big!
ReplyDeleteHate to say it...but it fits. I thought it looked big too...but she won't be able to wear it long. :(
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! How much do you charge? loL!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! I doubt I could do it, but would love to see the tutorial on this. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely adorable. You did a great job!
ReplyDelete