Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring is in the air!



My lilac bushes are in bloom!!! I am definately going to have to plant some of these at our new home. I love the smell and they are so pretty! The tulips will be blooming soon! Several people have already had their's bloom, but mine haven't. My hydrangea bush also has some buds on it - I was kindof afraid I had killed it - I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cut it back for winter - but it survived!

Moving update: Today I spent most of the afternoon boxing up our guest bedroom. Rarely does anyone stay with us overnight and I figure if they do...they will just have to understand our mess! :o) Even though I am so excited about getting a home of our own, I was slightly saddened - I have loved the "uniqueness" of this place and have enjoyed fixing it up. It was built back in the 1800's by a physician after the war. My laundry room was his medical office. The house still has the majority of the wooden flooring - no carpet, only in the bedroom. Additionally, this has been Nathan and I's first "home." It's going to be different to come to his parents and see someone else living here. Anyways, Nathan will be home shortly so I should make it look like I've done something today - other than make a mess!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pic! I just finished boxing up my scrapbook room. (Insert wailing and sobbing). Oh well...gotta a few other important things to do right now than scrapbook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember being sad about moving from anywhere. Guess I'm the hard-hearted Hannah that my family always said I was :) I was just sad to have to pack and pack and pack and pack! lol! Hope you get lots of help towards the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think moving (and almost any kind of change) makes me feel sad & sentimental. I hope I don't have to move again! :)

    I love the story behind your current house. That is so interesting. I love stories like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! They mean so much to me!